Coaching with Jo
Is it time to get your life back?
To have more time for yourself, as well as the people and things you love, while also taking account of real life going on around you?
Too long, didn’t read it all …
If your life has become this endless cycle of eat, sleep, work, repeat, and you can’t remember the last time you could regularly take some guilt-free time for yourself – just think what it would be like to get your life back, and get that time back, all the while taking account of real life going on all around you.
Yes, everyone is having it tough nowadays, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be different for you.
Let’s talk about how I can help you do just that.
Does this sound like you?
- You are a successful and high performing (corporate) professional, who, despite all the qualifications and experience and accolades, still worries that you are not “doing it right”, and so you spend your day beating yourself up that you should be doing more, worrying that someone will realise you are an imposter. It’s exhausting and counterproductive and you know you’re on a road that could lead to burnout if you don’t change something.
- Or perhaps you are the business owner who became your own boss so you had some control over your hours and your day, but now realise that’s never going to happen, as you spend the days fighting fires and trying to keep the lights on.
- Or maybe you are so desperate to keep everyone else in your life happy – be that your family, your boss, your team – that you keep saying yes to stuff, keep piling on the pressure, working all ends of the day and you can’t remember the last time you did anything to keep you happy!
There’s just too much stuff to do, and too much noise to think, you are losing sleep, you are stressing out, and it’s just getting on top of you…
Whether you would actually say it out loud or not – you are living your life like you don’t even matter!
What if it could be different?
- What if you could take back control of your time and have more of it for yourself, to do the things you enjoy, without feeling so guilty all the time?
- What if you could stop trying to fit into some kind of box of how “it should be done”, and instead just be yourself, without needing to filter, and know that that’s already enough?
- What if you could unwind those yeses that should have been no’s, and start to breathe again?
- What if you could lean into what you really want out of life, and not feel ridiculous at the very idea of asking for it?
- What if you could really start to take care of yourself and get off this road to burnout?
What if you could quiet the noise, and allow yourself to live your best life, in whatever form that takes for you to also account for your family, and your work, and all the other things you have going on.
But maybe you are thinking:
Yes, it’s tough going but everyone else is in the same boat, so why would it be different for me?
Or … well I’ve done the courses, I’ve read the books, I should be able to do this by myself, and it’s still not working, so why should I bother trying?
Or … this is just one more thing that I should be doing and I already have enough on my plate!
No one knows better than you … but that doesn’t make it easy
Listen, nobody knows better than you what matters to you, what your priorities are, and what your dreams might be.
But actually putting those front and centre, starting to direct your life based upon those, when all around you real life is happening? That can seem so challenging that it feels like a pipe dream.
I get how this feels because I have been where you are. I was the stressed-out over-achiever, working all hours that god sent because I thought I had no choice because that’s what it takes to succeed. And I have the two burnouts to prove it.
The death by suicide of a colleague finally gave me the wake-up call that I needed to change things. And I did.
If I can do it – so can you!
Over the last decade I have been working with busy professionals helping them to develop their professional skills to make them more effective at work. Over time, and particularly since the pandemic, there has been more and more of a focus on finding ways to live a full life outside of work too.
So I ask you this – what if living your best life isn’t a pipe dream and that what people say it takes to succeed isn’t the only way of getting there? What if you could live your best life, in a way that accounts for your family, and your work, and all the other things you have going on in your life?
Depending on your particular goals and objectives, here are some of the things you might expect when we work together:
- You feel more empowered because you are taking proactive and concrete action to free up time that you can then use how you want – maybe that’s for yourself, it’s with others, or it might even be on strategy for your business
- Decisions about where to spend your time become a lot easier, because you have taken time to work out what is important to you in all aspects of your life, and you know where your priorities lie
- You take more time for yourself without needing permission or feeling guilty about letting people down – because you have seen how your health and happiness are just as important as everyone else’s, and putting boundaries in place now feels like a no brainer
- You show up like you want to show up for everyone in your life, and on the days that you don’t, you can see that and know what to do to change it
- You feel lighter, less stressed, and more able to focus on yourself – with the knock-on effect of performing better and more successfully in all areas of your life, both personal and professional.
It’s time to find yourself again, one pocket of peace at a time.
How does the coaching work?
My standard starting package consists of 4 sessions. During those four sessions, we’ll:
- Talk about your goals and objectives and what success looks like to you.
- Identify the quick wins that will make your life and work demonstrably better
- Broach more challenging areas in subsequent sessions such as establishing boundaries, bringing every part of you to the table, rewriting the rules you’ve written for yourself that no longer serve you, and creating pockets of peace that you can create every day and every week
- Determine next steps and take aways at the end of every session. This helps you consolidate the learning from the session, and also places responsibility for the way forward firmly in your hands
Every client’s journey will be different and that’s precisely the point. Life is not a competition and there’s no one-size-fits-all-right-way-to-do-things.
The investment for this package of 4 sessions is £750. We’ll discuss the cadence of sessions that best fits your circumstances during our no-cost, no-obligation discovery session.
“You know Joanna, the perspective is changed, all your words and reverse questions gave me this new perspective. Really, how easy we fall in the trap of the vicious circle of self doubt, work, desire to please and prove ourselves valuable. I have you and so many others are in a dear need for help and support. How lucky I am!!!!” Milena T, working in regulatory compliance, Luxembourg
“Thanks again for your time on Saturday, it helped me realise that I need to take a bit more control of things rather than wait for others… I’m feeling better about things and feel that I’m now making decisions that are more in my control to move forward. Thanks again for your time and help – it really has helped me figure out what I need to do to move forward.” Kerry A, Senior Manager, Edinburgh
“Through the programme, Joanna helped me to change my thought process and my behavior. I have learned to put my managerial skills to work on my personal life. I now find that I have time for things that I never did before. I am now a priority too! Through our chats, Joanna was able to help me focus on ‘me’ which has the added benefit of helping me to perform better at work. I feel lighter, happier and much less stressed. I have learned to prioritise personal tasks just as I do work related tasks and ensure that time is dedicated to those things.
I am now in control of my life once again and I sincerely thank Joanna for helping me to see past the every growing wall of demands and create the space and time that I needed to get back on the right track. I would highly recommend the programme to anyone who can relate. You will not regret it!”
KM, Senior Manager, Northern Ireland
Are you ready to get started?
If you’re ready to explore how I can help, the next step is to pick a time that works for you for a discovery session. This is a great session to get your questions answered in real-time and for us to determine if we’re a mutual fit. The session itself typically gives people more clarity about what they’re wanting to do.
Do you have any questions? Just fire me an email at email@example.com and I will get back to you to walk you through anything you need from me.
Remember, you got this, and you are not alone. I look forward to being able to support you with this.
More client results
“Working with Joanna has been hugely impactful to me – she has an uncanny way of asking insightful questions that allow me to quickly hone in on solutions. Joanna is an empathetic listener but she also knows just when to challenge me. Working with her has helped me address my barriers and get out of my own way, I’ve unlocked so much insight that I just wouldn’t have got to on my own.” Isabelle C, Finance Director – Commercial
“Joanna is a professional coach who naturally manages to make you feel at ease. I had two sessions with Joanna where she could lead me with empathy and courage to find my own answers. She guided me to those areas that slipped my own consideration and rebalanced my focus, which is a journey I am still continuing. With Joanna’s help I have started remembering a few things about myself that I had almost forgotten.”