Work life balance
Is it time to get your life back?
Have you had enough of just surviving each day?
Are you ready to start enjoying life again?
It’s time to stop the world and get off for five minutes!
I work with high achieving, hard working corporate professionals like you who are amazing at what they do, well respected in their field, and known for always going the extra mile for their clients.
The only problem is, behind this facade of success, their life is falling apart. They are exhausted and feeling the pressure to perform, compete and be available 24/7.
Every day seems to be a routine of sleep, eat, work, repeat, and they are well on the road to burnout.
I help my clients escape the vicious circle of self doubt, work, and need to people please. I teach my clients how to find time for things they never did before, allowing them to be better at work and feel lighter and less stressed.
- Wake up every morning already exhausted by the thought of what needs to get done that day?
- Spend your day juggling 142 different plates as everyone – clients, boss, team, family – pulls you in every sort of direction?
- Keep saying yes to more and more work, because you feel like you can’t let anyone down?
- Feel like you are no longer in control of your life, and that instead your life is run by everyone else and their expectations?
- Continue to work in a job that is sucking your soul dry because you think you have no choice because you need to pay the kids’ private school, or the big house, or the big car, or the big holiday?
- Feel so exhausted at the end of the day that you simply collapse on the sofa with a box of chocolates or glass of wine, capable only of watching something mind-numbing until you crawl into bed, for a restless night thinking about the next day, when it will all start again?
- Read all this, agree, and then feel guilty for even thinking it, because your life is great on paper, and surely this is just the price you pay for working in corporate?
If you said yes to even one of these statements, listen carefully!
Being exhausted and stressed out has somehow become a badge of honour in today’s world. We are told that if life isn’t hard, we are just not doing it right.
But – and you already know this deep, deep down – that is no way to live! There has got to be more to life than this!
There IS more to life than this!
Today you are just surviving life – but what if you could truly live life?
Imagine how good it would feel to go from merely surviving to downright thriving?
You are no longer in a place where it’s all about the do, do, do, go, go, go, but instead you can curl up on the sofa with a cuppa and a good book, and not feel guilty that you are taking time for yourself.
You no longer think you have no choice but to do what everyone else expects; instead you have power over your own choices and you can do what feels good for you.
You are still the hard working, high achieving professional you have always been AND you have a life outside of work with the people that you care about, you have time to rest and recover, and you have taken yourself off the path to burnout
It’s time to start living again
You are a hard-working, high achieving corporate executive, probably working in a Big 4 company or other consulting firm – you are brilliant at what you do, well respected in your field and you always go the extra mile for your clients.
But your work is starting to take over your life, and you just don’t have the energy for all this anymore. You need to find a way to get balance back in your life – continue to go that extra mile, but also get some rest, and find time for the important things in life again.
This is exactly why I created this coaching programme to help you get your life back – so that you can get back some semblance of control over your life, before you crash and burn from exhaustion
This coaching will help you find a way to still do a job that you love, but do it in a way that lets you thrive rather than just survive from day to day.
During this programme we will work on ways for you to breathe life back into your day – to let you continue to do the work that you love, but do it in a way that you have space and energy to enjoy all the other things in your life too.
Are you ready to get your life back?
Book a no obligation consult here to see if this is a right fit for you.
In 2014, I was Director in a Big 4 accounting firm in Luxembourg, 16 years into my tax career, when I went through my second burnout in five years. I realised it was time to change my life – or be dead from a stroke or heart attack by 45.
Unfortunately, when I woke up to reality, it was too late to continue my tax career. I was far too down the journey to self destruction and I had fallen out of love with my career. I had to get out, or go crazy. And so I did.
I trained as a coach in 2015, and after working first in an in-house role for my then employer, I started my own business in October 2016, working for clients all around the world and in different industries and organisations.
Since then, it has become my mission to make sure that my clients don’t wait till their lives are falling apart to make changes in their lives; I help my clients continue doing what they love, AND do it in a way that they can still have the energy to have a life outside work with the ones they care about.
Are you in? Book a no obligation consult and we will chat
How does the coaching work?
Coaching is about meeting you where you are in the here and now. Understanding the reality of your life, the constraints you are under, and what success looks like to you.
As human beings, we all – you included – have an innate intelligence, an inner wisdom if you like, that already holds the key to moving forward. Sometimes, though, there is just too much noise going on for you to hear it.
My role as your coach is not to tell you what to do, rather it is to help quiet the noise so you can find the answers in that space within.
Here’s how I can help you do that:
- In the first session together we will spend some time understanding the here and now. No one can plot a route to an end goal if we don’t know our starting point. We will talk about your goals and objectives, and what success looks like to you.
- We will co-create subsequent sessions together. Sometimes, depending on what is happening in your life, you will bring topics to the table to discuss. Other times, we will create a road map together to discuss key areas to help you get your life back.
- Of course, I am not here just to be talked at, sitting in the corner nodding my head from time to time – what use would that be? I am here to bring various coaching techniques to help you work through things. These might include working on your thoughts and beliefs and the impact they have on your experience of life and work; identifying your values and unbreakables that act as a compass to go through life to; identifying small manageable things to make big changes in your life and bring you more headspace, and, dare i say it, fun.
- Every session starts with a celebration of things you have done over the last couple of weeks. When you are a living a life of do, do, do, go, go, go, it can be all too easy to get swept up in a tide of “Ok, thats done, now what”. Part of the slowing down comprises recognising those wins and taking notice.
- And every session will finish with next steps and take aways. This helps you consolidate the learning from the session, and also places responsibility for the way forward firmly in your hands.
Here’s the breakdown of what is included
- 90-minute Here’s where you’re at call Our first 90-minute call is to help me get to know you and where you are, right here, right now. I need to understand your life, what you see as the constraints, what you see as your goals and objectives. No one can plot a course, if they dont know the starting point. I just want to know who you are, where you think the sticking points are, and what life would look like for you if you were to get your life back. We’ll determine what’s working —and what’s not. And we’ll set the groundwork for our time together, setting clear expectations around what you want to accomplish and what I can deliver.
- Nine one hour-long calls to take over the rest of the five months Working with clients over the years I have found that meeting every two weeks is the sweet spot of frequency. Not so long between sessions that we spend half the next session catching up on progress, but long enough that you have time to consolidate and implement the learnings between sessions.
- Access to me for the full five months If something comes up between calls, you reach out and email me. If you have me as your coach, you have me as your coach. I am going to answer your questions, be your cheerleader, and all in all walk through the next five months at your side.
As a result of this programme, you can expect to start to:
- Find yourself again – you know, the version of you who knows how to see the funny side of things, the exciting side of things, the colourful and joyous side of things
- Get back some perspective at work – realising that you can change the relationships that you have with your boss, teams and clients into ones full of trust and open communication
- Let go of exhaustion as a badge of honour that drives you to work more and more hours because you think that is the best measure of success
- Have the energy and head space to spend time with your other half, your kids, your friends – time that you can enjoy rather than be worrying about work all the time
- Put yourself back in the driving seat of your life, rather than wait for others to take decisions about how your life is meant to be
Today is the first day of the rest of your life – lets get going.
I have – and I know what the reality is like:
- I know what it’s like to be successful on the outside, a role model for others and seriously killing it – but on the inside to feel like my life is falling apart and terrified that someone will find out.
- I know that it’s not as simple as saying to you – “just tell your boss you are going to leave at 5” (Like, seriously, do they not know what your life is like??). Or that you really should go for that promotion to Partner, because its your responsibility as a role model to show other women they can (Listen, this job is already killing you, that promotion might just push you over the edge), or “All you got to do is lower your standards, no one expects it to be perfect” – like, again, seriously??;
- I know what it’s like to feel the pressure of the entire department on your shoulders, to bring in the clients, deliver on the (sometimes completely unreasonable) client deadlines, all the while just trying to get through the day on very little sleep and an adrenalin overload;
- and I know what it feels like to think that I should be striving for one thing (the next promotion or project) but secretly long to just stop the world and get off.
All this means that I can fully understand and empathise with the reality of your life – and I am also ready to call you out on your BS and challenge some of the thoughts and beliefs you may have about how life in corporate is meant to be – because I used to have the same beliefs and I saw the destruction it brought to me.
So – you ready to get started on the road to getting your life back?
Let’s get started
Here’s what happens next.
Step 1: Start by booking a no obligation consult here
Step 3: If we both feel this is a good fit, I will then send you payment details and we will start our journey together.
It’s time for you to start living again
Do you have any questions? Just fire me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you to walk you through anything you need from me.
Remember, you got this, and you are not alone. I look forward to being able to support you with this.
“You know Joanna, the perspective is changed, all your words and reverse questions gave me this new perspective. Really, how easy we fall in the trap of the vicious circle of self doubt, work, desire to please and prove ourselves valuable. I have you and so many others are in a dear need for help and support. How lucky I am!!!!” Milena T, working in regulatory compliance, Luxembourg
“Thanks again for your time on Saturday, it helped me realise that I need to take a bit more control of things rather than wait for others… I’m feeling better about things and feel that I’m now making decisions that are more in my control to move forward. Thanks again for your time and help – it really has helped me figure out what I need to do to move forward.” Kerry A, Senior Manager, Edinburgh
“Through the programme, Joanna helped me to change my thought process and my behavior. I have learned to put my managerial skills to work on my personal life. I now find that I have time for things that I never did before. I am now a priority too! Through our chats, Joanna was able to help me focus on ‘me’ which has the added benefit of helping me to perform better at work. I feel lighter, happier and much less stressed. I have learned to prioritise personal tasks just as I do work related tasks and ensure that time is dedicated to those things.
I am now in control of my life once again and I sincerely thank Joanna for helping me to see past the every growing wall of demands and create the space and time that I needed to get back on the right track. I would highly recommend the programme to anyone who can relate. You will not regret it!”
KM, Senior Manager, Northern Ireland